Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Ella

Just to take a moment to record some of the hilarious things lil'Ella Bella says...

While at Destin Commons on Father's Day, we were walking along the huge sidewalk area that runs all through the commons - it's made up of a bunch of paver stones. In the middle of the walkway (far, far away from any grassy patch) was a random piece of grass sticking up through the stones. Ella stopped, and said, "Oh, the grass is lost!" She proceeded to pick it, saying "I'll take care of it!"

Ella always somehow winds up in our bed in the mornings (bad habit, I know...) - but, she's quite a little morning person. Every morning, she opens her eyes and has something clever and cute to say to start the day - something always a bit more unique than just "good morning!" Ben's personal favorite is when she woke up a few days ago and declared, "Woo- Ella was TIRED!" :-)

On a different morning, she woke up and immediately began making "crocodile claps" with her arms and hands... she did a "short" one with bent elbows and announced, "This is a baby crocodile." Then, a larger one with long arms, "This is a mommy crocodile." Then, all sweet and caring, she cradled her forearms that had morphed into a baby crocodile and cooed, "I love baby crocodiles." (Seriously... this really is how she wakes up!)

This morning might be my personal favorite (preface this story with the fact that Friday nights are Movie Nights for our family and last Friday we watched The Chronicles of Narnia)... Ella opened her eyes after a full night's rest (yes, again, in my bed...) and declared, "I just talked to the Narnia people. I want to talk to them again." Prodding, I asked, "Did you dream about that movie, Ella?" Her reply, "No, I TALKED to them... Mom, what is Narnia's phone number? I want to call that little boy!"

Goodness! She's full of sunshine in the am!

No comments:

Post a Comment