Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Saying our "See You Laters"











I could write forever on this one... and I don't have time to do that now, so I'll have to come back to this at some point. But, Sunday was a hard day for our family, especially Lily and Ella. We had to say "see you later" (good bye) to our dear, dear, dear friends, the Parslows, who have lived just two doors down from us the past four years. Our girls have grown up together, literally and are the true definition of "best friends." Reminding myself I can't write forever (the kids are going to be up soon and I better get something accomplished!) - but, in the final good-byes at the top of my driveway under a dark, starry (WARM) summer sky, the four girls were all hugging, each handling the situation in their own way... but, as the Parslows' shadows slipped down the street and Lily was trying so hard to be brave... Lily was walking into our house through the garage and she turned over her shoulder and shouted for all of Egan Drive to hear, "Emily - We'll always have Pochantas's spirit! Our friendship will NEVER break!" My heart was in fact breaking, watching my little girl do her first "hardest thing ever..." ugh. "See you later, Kim, Jim, Emily, and Hannah. We love you!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment